We understand that travel and training budgets have been reduced, and some districts are experiencing severe financial problems. This means that regardless of the merits of a conference, you'll probably need to justify the expense.
- Save up to $300 by registering by August 1.
- Focusing on what you will specifically bring back to your district as return for the investment.
- Offering to prepare and deliver a short presentation and Q&A to your business official, superintendent and/or school board to share what you learned.
- Sharing speaker handouts with your colleagues. As an attendee, you have unlimited access to materials posted by speakers.
- If you are working to obtain or maintain your CDF designation, remind your supervisor that this is a great way to earn credits.
- Preparing a plan that shows who will cover for you while you are attending the conference.